31 July 2008

Trials and Tribulations...

Was sunny for a change today, before we were hit with a small (tiny) excuse for a downpour, always happens just after I wash my car (or correction: just after M goes and washes my car for me) and then my car gets covered in dusty rain drops again. Don't worry we don't wash our cars at home or waste any water, only get it done at the car wash with the recycled water. Not in this day and draught.

Mr Chocky's (the chocolate lab puppy) favorite thing to do nowdays, is to drag all his layer of blankets out of his bed (he sleeps in a little plastc kiddie pool shaped like a blue shell under the pergola in the sheltered bit of the backyard), first the giant woolen blanket, then the sheepskin blanket and then the shell itself, and bit by bit drag them all up on the lawn, which is not undercover mind you, and then to sit on top of this pile in a majestic way looking down upon everyone and everything. He does this hail, sleet or shine. Everyday. I really wonder what goes thru his little doggy mind sometimes. We make his bed so nice and cozy and neat, and w/o fail the order is destroyed immediately.

Have eaten some more chocolate covered turkish delites today. Having a fight with my willpower. While my sister seemed to have accepted her mysterious "supposed" weight gain of 7kg. I still don't have any idea where 7 kg can be hiding. She now claims to weigh more then me. HA! I have found that different scales give different readings and most accurate scales are usually the ones u stand on that have the slide bar with little metal weights on it which are moved from side to side to adjust to the correct weight. Also I think I should advise her that she if she is weighing herself with clothes on, then she should subtract a certain number from that, depending on type of clothes.

She is moving out with her boyfriend within the next 3 weeks. My mom is not happy about this. I remember when I first moved out, she used to think that I was just going thru a phase and would come back eventually, come back for good. She has now issued us with an ultimatum thatonly one of us can be living out of her house at the time. In that case, it looks like I should get packing. Hmmmm, wonder how M will take the news. Who will cook his dinner and pick up after him? When I first met him, his fridge contained half a bottle of vodka and a packet of frozen veggies in the freezer. Yummo. I was constantly starving at his house. Until one day I decided we were going grocery shopping. And 4 years later ;P

4 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

My mom was the opposite with me and my sisters she was like, "Get Out!" ..lol

ghetto princess said...

maybe its a girls vs. boys thing, altho some girls really need to be kicked out on their butt to get a shot of reality. I hate spoilt people.

Clyde said...

Ya have to keep your vodka in the freezer----smart guy-----hope they were the new steamer pack frozen vegies---vry handy things---
Hey, you labby will grow up by about two years old---mine is now four and bloody beautiful----the greatest chick magnet on the beach---although she is a three towel drying dog----still likes to take part of her bed out for an airing-----so I replaced it with carpet
Has her own innerspring matress in the laundry for nights

ghetto princess said...

clyde- yes, our chocky destroyed every bed we bought for him, most of them were either blankets or dog beds filled with whte fluff - he likes to pull all the fluff out - if we buy him a sturdier bed he seems to accept it as a challenge, the naughty dog. And he jumps on everyone, nearly knocked an old lady down on the wkend when he was saying hello.