18 July 2008

Low Fat Life


Almost the weekend!! Don't get me wrong I love the people I work with! But weekend - woo hoo!!
UPDATE - Why is it so cold all of a sudden. And I don't mean the past couple of months (DUH! I have noticed it's been winter, ha ha) I mean - BAM! - yesterday and today. I thought we would get thru winter here in adelaide w/o actually freezing my tooshie off. But no such luck. But I still love adelaide nevertheless and would not want to move. Unless it was to the northern queensland. Or Bahamas.
But those are just dreams at this stage. *SIGH*

*LATER* Anyway, I seem to have lost my motivation and willpower for all things health and fitness related for the past 6 months or so. Does anyone have any great fitness plan ideas that actually work? In a short period of time? I know, I know, diets dont really work - you have incorporate healthy eating and exercise into your life so its an overall healthy lifestyle. But who has the time, nowdays to make healthy and tasty meals from scratch every single night. I come home from work at about 6-6.30 and get all the ingriedients out to make a meal, and it often takes to 8pm to actually eat. And most of the time I am making simple things like steak, grilled chicken or fish and steamed/roasted veggies, which takes about 30-45mins. And preparation time. So if anyone has any good ideas for tasty/low carb/high protein tried and tested recipes which are also quick and easy, I'm definetely in!
My M makes it even more difficult by not eating carbs hardly at all, so all things pasta, rice related are out, as well as most potato based dishes (as a side dish is ok). So it leaves the main veggies like pumpkin, zuchinni, parsnip, carrot, (corn for me), and asparagus (i also do brocollinni and snow peas and, brussel sprouts for me - i have tried brussel sprouts - they are not that bad). And it can get a bit monotonous at times. Hmmm.

No comments: