21 July 2008

Back to work..

Hey,

I have had a somewhat relaxing weekend. I am all for going out and partying away, but sometimes I just need to have a weekend of nothingness and relax by visiting my family and such. Went shopping with my sister and mother, and once again we ended up spending money that we were not meaning to spend. My sister was buying up household items in a frenzy. I mean do you really need that napkin folding melon bowler or what about the fondue set???!! My sister is moving out on her own with her boyfriend for the first time. And may I say she seems a lot more organized about it then I did, when I moved out with my boyfriend at the time. She has thought thru everything including budget, all household items, travel costs, accommodation costs (they have just bought their first property). I just took a backpack filled with clothes and left, once after a big fight with my mom about 4 or so weeks after my 21st Bday (and now I have just turned 25).
I have never been good at organising events or incidents, maybe thats why I have such trouble sometimes organising my diet and exercise regimes. I mean I know that unlike others I probably should not be complaining and I would really only like to lose a few kilos.
I have not had a very good weekend, foodwise, eating well to start with each morning, but then getting tempted by tasty treats at my mom's house and buying little treats for everyone, and then eating them myself.
So here's what I have eaten overall, I decided to write it all down to catch myself when I start to make the mistake of eating something not planned:

Saturday:
Breakfast: 300grms cherries
Lunch: Danish pastry (no filling, just covered with sugar and crispy sweet crumbs), 1 cup of earl grey tea with dash of milk and 2 sugarine tabs

Snack: 10-15 small hazelnut flavored wafers from a bag bought at a continental deli shop where they sell all those tasty european foods, 3 slices of smoked turkey breast, sliced

Dinner: (went out to the pub I used to work at) grilled Kangaroo fillet with herbed potato stack (I asked for it medium rare and got well done - I hate when this happens! M tried to tell me that you are meant to eat it well done, but I knew better than that. Still, did not complain as I have previously mentioned that I used to work at that pub thru uni and knew what the chefs were like - they don't taje any form of criticis of their work well)

Snack: 300grms cherries, 3 slices of Kraft singles

Sunday:
Breakfast: 150grms cherries

Lunch: 2 slices of Kraft singles

Dinner: 1 slice of grilled ocean trout fillet (is it grilled when you fry it in one of those cast iron frying pasn that leaves authentic lines on the meat?), 2 pieces of butternut pumpkin/squash, 4 small dutch carrots (the ones that are sold with their green carrot top leaves - I cut them off of course and did not eat them, D'UH!!), 3 asparagus spears. The veggies were steamed then roasted with a small spray of olive oil and a dash of salt.

Snack: 2 glasses of milo with 4 heaped tablespoons of milo in each glass with full cream milk (( I never drink low fat milk so this is not abnormal for me) P.S. I know, I know - Milo, but in my defense it was the new Be Smart Milo which has 25% less sugar and fat. And I am so hopelessly addicted to Milo - I have trouble living w/o it.), 200grms cherries, 3 cups of earl grey tea with milk and 2 Sugarine tabs in each cup, 3 handfulls of salted pistacchio nuts withshells on (they can be annoying to get off, can't they - for those of you who are fans of pistacchio nut flavor).

This is all I can think of at present time. I know if I am not losing weight or toning up at the moment then something needs to be cut out. I am trying to cut out milo and any other sugary/carby foods. Man I love those carbs!! If anyone has any good diet foods/tips that are applicable in Oz or generally then don't hesitate to leave me a note :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry after reading your post! It is so bloody cold today I think I'll just wander off to make myself a nice hot milo -Mmmmmmmmm Milo...........

Unknown said...

Well you dont necessarily have to cut anything out, exercise more will help.

Make sure you are eating regularly, youll be surprised how sometimes eating more will help you. Eat 6 times a day, small protein rich meals, lots of fresh fruit and veg and a few treats and it will all happen for you! xx

ghetto princess said...

Re (.)(.) - I have recently joined a gym again and now plan to go 3-4 x weekly. I usually do about 20-60mins on the eliptical or the tready, and maybe some leg weights. With regard to eating more frequently - I have this terrible mental block that eating more = weight gain, which has generally been the case with me to date. I currently eat nothing for breakfast, a few small snack throughout the day and lean meat and some veggies for dinner (occasionallu inc potato). I got down to what I wanted to be about 1 and a half month ago and have since then regained again. Dammit. SO have to start all over again.
Thanks for the advice :) it definetely makes sense tho

Anonymous said...

Hi Ghetto Princess,

Thanks for your recent visits and comments on my blogs ... I tried to click on one of your previous comments and the profile didn't lead anywhere but this one worked today!

Best wishes,
Sharon