23 July 2008

Mid Week

M has been using my work laptop for the past couple of days, as our home one has died, and now I am sitting at work picking out chocolate lab hairs out of my keyboard. I tell you him and that dog are inseparable, where ever he goes the dog follows. The dog is called Chocky and we got him 8 months ago.
My boss is away for the whole week, so I am getting a bit of a free reign at work (as we share an office). This leads to a lot of eating at my desk, with my current favorites being cashews, cheese slices, and earl grey tea. I wonder if this has anything to do with my recent weight gain, as since he started being away from the office a lot I have put on some weight (I don't like to eat when someone next to me is trying to work, i feel a bit funny about it).
It's funny, sometimes I get little spurts of willpower and get really focused on weight loss, while at other times like now I feel somewhat unmotivated and lose all willpower to control my eating.
I wouldn't say I am an emotional eater, but I do have some association of food with certain events like for example I love eating in front of tv and hate eating at the table. Apparently this is not good, as you tend to consume more w/o noticing.

In other news: I have rejoined my old gym last Friday (M re-joined on Wed) because M was complaining a lot about how he has gained some weight since he met me. Despite it being only 2-4 kg and not being noticeable at all. Male vanity rears its ugly head! And we have always generally gone to the gym together. Slacked off about a year ago and bought the home gym. But the dog has since destroyed it in his puppy stages. It wasn't very effective anyways. I never used it because it was one of those all in one weight lifting contraptions and I have always used the cardio machines at the gym rather than weights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean when it comes to bursts of motivation. I go through it all the time. I just try and make the most of my motivation when I have it, and make 80% good choices when I dont.

I get motivated at the strangest times though, like late at night. Shame my gym isnt 24 hours! Id look like a bean pole if it did :P

ghetto princess said...

I agree. I am one of those people who goes to bed late and gets up late. So I have most of my energy at night between 6 and 11. Thats also when I am at my most peckish. D'OH!