04 September 2008

GRRRRR!

What is it about spring that makes you feel happier, is it the increasingly warmer days, the flowering trees and bushes or the annoying birds that start singinh under the window of your bedroom at 6.30am?

We have a pretty decorative flowering tree of some sort in our front garden, i think its a plum or apple tree, it doesnt actually bear fruit - hence the name decorative, but flowers in a very pretty manner, and the smell is very springy, or is it springful? Hmmm. But anyways it has also been dropping the flowers and now it looks like it has snowed pretty smelling mauve snow in our front yard.

Speaking of yards - our dog has dug up the spinkler system in our backyard and almost flooded the back of the house by chewing thru the mains pipe, as well as the elecrical wiring for both the spinkler system and the air-conditioning. Seriously, i have almost had it with this dog. Im sorry, im a cat person. Dont get me wrong, I like dogs too, as long as they sit quietly and behave themselves (to a degree at least) rather than destroying thousands dollars worth of preperty every day. I mean how often must we walk the darned thing! 5 times daily???? I swear this dog has the shortest attention span of any dog I have ever met.

M has been bad mouting the boxer that my mom has for years due to its supposed stupidity, but hey lookie here, the only thing this boxer has destroyed is a stinky old doormat. And nothing else, even though it spends a lot of is time out in the back yard also. HA!

1 comment:

Spiky Zora Jones said...

I forget that down under it's a different season than here in the Northern hemisphere.

It's still a tad hot here.

I love spring and the wild flowers they bring. I love a cool spring breeze blowing through my hair. And the warmth of the sun caressing my face. Sping rocks.

Ciao babe...enjoy.