14 August 2008

So be it.

So, I have handed in my notice letter and am leaving in two weeks time. Hopefully onto bigger and better things, and to try and help out my mom a bit with our sick grampa in the meantime.

I am sad to leave this workplace, despite everything. I hate letting people down. This was also the reason for not leaving my last job, because I knew they didnt have anyone else to take up the slack and do my workload. And like I mentioned before, they have a lot of difficulty hiring into this field.

But what can you do, life must go on. I think I will take this chance to re-evaluate my life and see if there is anything I am really passionate about. (Well, I know what I am really passionate about, its medicine, but with a 9 hour GAMSAT exam and 12+ years of study I don't think M will be happy for me to do that. And I'm not so sure about working 30 hours a day for the first 5-7 years of my career either. I like 9-5 work. Call me lazy, but I enjoy spending time with may family and friends, and I don't want to have a job that will force me to sacrifice this.)

Hmmm, if I stayed in international law, which is what I was accepted into straight after high school, I would have graduated by now. But I dropped out because I wanted to be different and do something more exciting. But I guess that, also, is hardly a nine to five job.

Altho lately my current position has not been nine to five either, more like nine to eight pm. HA!

No comments: